Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Day 23: Out-of-her-mind patient seeks out-of-the-box dr; saw myself on tv

Day 23

in the interest of working on my sleep pattern I am going to bed at 3am instead of writing a song and making a vlog.

Stuck to the plan quite nicely today. 2 shakes, several craving-curbing wafers, and 2 delish adzuki bean burgers. Yummy!!! (That originally posted as "asexual bean burgers. Thanks, Siri! You're so creative... Sex, sex, sex, that's all you *never* think about!)

I realized I'd been eating a few too many regular (grocery store bought) chocolates, which technically are not on the plan. I believe the chocolates that are on the plan are lower sugar. I think this whole plan is very low sugar and that's part of the detox – quitting sugar.

So I ordered some stevia-sweetened chocolate online and will be searching for other natural methods of getting more dopamine circulating in my system (exercise, perhaps...).

Made a couple calls today. One to a functional medicine doctor in Hackensack who is covered by my insurance. And another to a homeopath who is closer by but is not covered by my insurance.

I really like the way the homeopath thinks. we are totally on the same page. However he is $1200 a month and… He is $1200 a month. I think that's all I need to say. Jeepers.

I need to be monitored by a doc but I want one who thinks outside the Rx bottle.

A little October sunbathing, the phone calls, the emails and some rehearsing for Saturday's show. Then 1-hr drive to acting class and back. It's actually quite a challenge for me to remember all the lyrics to my own songs.

Oh and enjoyed finally seeing myself in episode 4 of the TV show "forever." (I was an extra).

I can't believe we did 2 x 10-hour shoots and I think they used about 15 seconds of the extras one shoot, and 4 seconds of the extras in another scene. And I'm talking about 70-80 people (background actors) meticulously dressed up and made up, hair and all, for each of those shoots. Very high-production show.


I'm short, so I'm peering around the guy to look at the speaker, but it looks like I'm photo bombing! :D

toasting the ice queen
my tv hubby and i admire the art we donated to the museum.


I now only do "extra" work on shows that I'm really interested in, because the hours are so long. It takes the entire day (or night), and it's exhausting. The folks I see on set who do this kind of work regularly are constantly taking naps whenever we're sent back to "holding." Have to choose where to expend my energy, and the extra thing is just for fun. When the exhaustion thing outweighs the fun, time to say no.

Right now I am doing no extra work at all, as health is #1.

See you on the next post!
The journey continues.

Carla
http://www.thesingingpatient.com

No comments: