Tuesday, June 5, 2012

guest post: helpful tips on living with lupus

Today we have a guest post from author and lupus veteran (26 years and counting!) Mida Giragosian. I'm always interested in the insights of people who have lived with lupus (or any disease) for a long time. 26 years with a chronic illness will most certainly teach you something.

Here is her post:


Hi, my name is Mida Giragosian.

I was diagnosed with Lupus at the age of 21, and now I’m 47. Yes, I had a lot of life-changing problems in between those years, but now I look, feel, and sound better. We can all help each other get through hard times. I lived by these tips:

·      Live by FAITH, one day at a time

·      Write down things that make you happy. The list can motivate you every time you look at it

·      Always dress up as if you’re going to a party. If you look good, you feel good
More tips can be found in my book, but it is most important to wake up every day and to remind yourself: I WILL OVERCOME. Remember that everyday is a blessing, and that your disease does not define YOU!

For more information you can visit: www.youwillovercomethebook.com
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/YourWillOvercome

What are your thoughts on these tips? And if you were to boil down your own lupus/ wellness wisdom to a few sentences, what advice you would give to other people dealing with lupus? What helpful tips would you offer them?

Leave your comments below!

'Til next post-
 Carla

Carla Ulbrich
The Singing Patient - humorous speaker, songwriter, and author

4 comments:

Steve in AL said...

Hey I know this is coming a little late, but I found this amazing infographic for lupus awareness month. This has a some great information on some of the leading organizations for this chronic autoimmune disease. It is time to get in the loop.

Carla Ulbrich, The Singing Patient said...

thanks Steve- that is great. I should have posted more in may to recognize lupus awareness month- next year! Of course, it's a year-round effort, raising awareness and supporting each other.

Stephen in Florida said...

Hello, I just wanted to say thanks for keeping up such a great resource here. I really appreciate all the information that you have provided on lupus and other autoimmune conditions. I also wanted to thank Steve for sharing that really great infographic on lupus! With that in mind, I have another infographic on lupus that I was hoping to share with you guys too. This one is titled Lupus: a Closer Look at this Autoimmune Condition. I hope you get a chance to check it out.

Peter in Jacksonville said...

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this really great infographic! I know that this is an autoimmune disease which may be misunderstood by some people, but an infographic like this could really help with that.