Monday, October 24, 2011

Enter to win a year's worth of Gluten Free Goodies!


Hello my Gluten-free friends!

Just stumbled upon this chance for you to win a year's worth of Gluten Free Yummies from French Meadows Bakery. The info is on Christine Miserandino's "But You Don't Look Sick" website:

http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/spoon-lady-speaks/win-1-year-supply-of-french-meadows-bakery-organic-gluten-free-products/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bydls+%28ButYouDontLookSick.com%29

Sounds yummy, and I do feel better since going gluten-free several years ago. Remember of course, even gluten free cookies are still... cookies, so make sure you also get in your fruits, veggies, and whole grains.
Here's to health eating and feeling great!

Carla Ulbrich
The Singing Patient, author of "How Can You NOT Laugh at a Time Like This?"


www.bestpossibleme.com - health coaching



6 comments:

Fatcat said...

Are you gluten free because of lupus and does it help? My best friend has been diagnosed with lupus and will not consider a gluten free diet and I want to convince her (gently and lovingly). Do you have any links to articles about gluten and lupus from reputable sources. She won't believe just anyone, it seems, including me. :-( (I've been gluten free for 2 years now and feel so much better.)

Carla Ulbrich, The Singing Patient said...

yes I am gluten free because of lupus. What might help is if she would get tested for both celiac disease and gluten intolerance.

It's a difficult diet and it would be helpful to know it's necessary- helps you to start and to stick to it if you know there is a real consequence to eating gluten.

I'll look around for some more resources. Don't be discouraged. Your gentle and loving approach is wise. Remember one man plants, another man waters, another man reaps. Sometimes it takes hearing something several times before it sinks in.

Carla Ulbrich, The Singing Patient said...

Oh and yes it helps me a lot. I've drawn a straight line between diet coke and MSG= migraines.
And gluten= joint pain.

At one point I was gluten free and dairy free and my lupus tests went negative. no sign of disease. (Then i had a bunch of stress and went bac to eating dairy and they went positive again).

Carla Ulbrich, The Singing Patient said...

BTW I still don't drink diet coke, eat MSG, or eat gluten. And I still don't get migraines and rarel have joint pain. I was *so* sick at one point I had a stroke, kidney failure, congestive heart failure, anemia, neuropathy. I now am very active. Thought my tests are back to positive for lupus, My biggest problem these days is insomnia, which is really nothing compared to my previous state of health.

here's an article you might find useful:
http://www.bastyrcenter.org/content/view/703/

Fatcat said...

Thank you for the article! I printed it out along with the link to the journal of rheumatology that it linked to.

Carla Ulbrich, The Singing Patient said...

keep us apprised of any good news! :)