Sunday, December 13, 2009

fight off colds fast

Whenever I feel a cold coming on, I grab my bottle of Umcka cold care and take it every few hours. Rarely do I have a cold last longer than a few days, now that I've discovered this stuff, which was recommended to me, if I recall correctly, by a worker at Whole Foods. Given that I've got an immune system that is always either suppressed by drugs or busy fighting a civil war with my own body, I find it pretty remarkable that I'm able to keep the common cold from lasting more than a couple days, or even worse, landing me in the hospital or turning into pneumonia. It seems to work by boosting immunity and creating a fever, because I always feel kind of feverish about an hour after taking it.
I've been using this stuff (as needed, a couple times a year) for about 8 years now, totally swear by it. Being cold and flu season, I thought I'd write a post about it, in case it might be of help to someone else.

No comments: